AVEC – The Association of Poultry Processors and Poultry Trade in the EU – is currently looking for a Policy Officer with expertise in Animal Health and Welfare and Food Safety.
AVEC represents the European poultry sector, giving a voice to all players. The members include national organisations that represent the poultry sector and poultry trade in 17 EU member states.
The mission of AVEC – The Association of Poultry Processors and Poultry Trade in the EU – is to defend the interests of the poultry processors and the poultry trade in the countries of the European Union as well as protecting their rights and functions. See more about the activities of the association on www.avec-poultry.eu
The Policy Officers main tasks:
- EU policy monitoring and strategic analysis in Animal Health and Welfare, Food Safety, Food Law, Food Policy, Nutrition, SPS issues.
- Attend and report on meetings with EU institutions (advisory groups, civil society meetings ) and other stakeholders.
- Communication with EU officials, members, and relevant stakeholders
- Preparation of content for internal working group meetings with management of 2 working groups on Food safety/quality and on Animal Health/Animal Welfare
- Advising members on technical questions related to Animal Health and Welfare, Food Safety, Food Law, Food Policy, Nutrition, SPS issues.
- Draft reports on projects, conferences, workshops, and meetings
- Participate in the practical organisation of events
- Participation to the lobbying strategy of the association in collaboration with the team and the Board
The ideal candidates will have the following profile:
- A Master University degree in veterinary science, agriculture, food science or related areas with a technical background or a university degree in political sciences/EU affairs
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in EU Regulatory Affairs, ideally within or in relation to a European association
- Solid knowledge of and proven exposure to the EU institutional setting and EU policy-making process in the agri-food area
- Comfortable and experienced with EU technical legislation and scientific publications (e.g. EFSA reports)
- Self-starter with a capacity for multitasking
- Clear analytical skills
- Critical thinking, pragmatic approach, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- English language (both written and oral) proficiency
- An appetite for dynamic organizations where both individual responsibility and teamwork are prized
- Computer literacy in MS Office tools
- Readiness to occasionally travel and exceptionally adapt to flexible working hours
- A full-time work contract under Belgian law
- Salary according to experience plus an additional package of benefits.
- The position is to be filled out from January 2021.
- The workplace will be AVEC office, Rue du Luxembourg 47-51, Brussels (Belgium).
Applications’ composition and deadline
Please send your application (in English) to email@example.com by Friday the 30th of October 2020 at noon CET. The application should contain:
- A cover letter
- A detailed CV
The selection timetable will be the following:
- Deadline for submission of complete applications: Friday 30.10.2020 noon CET
- Eligibility check and first assessment of written applications
- First round of interviews of candidates will take place in November 2020.
- This will result in a shortlist of candidates who will be invited for the subsequent step
During the entire selection procedure, AVEC is absolutely committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. We value diversity and lived experience and acknowledge the underrepresentation of people from certain backgrounds. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment where all employees feel respected and supported in fulfilling their potential. The equality opportunity principle encouraging all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, origins, or disabilities.